Welcome to our website for our Tiny Houses, Shepherds Huts, Self Catering Holiday Cottage and Caravan Site.
Our Tiny Houses and Shepherds Huts are Adults Only
Our two newest units are Tiny Houses that have been designed and built by ourselves and Kenny our local joiner. We have created two unique properties providing luxury accommodation. Both have a full kitchen, living space, toilet/shower room and a mezzanine bedroom with the most fantastic coastal views.
Our Shepherd’s huts combine tradition and luxury they have very luxurious beds with Egyptian cotton bedding and storage underneath. The kitchen areas have a small butler sink with hot and cold running water, a storage cupboard and a two ring hob with grill and oven, full size fridge and a Nespresso coffee machine.
There is a fold down table with two chairs, a small log burning stove. There is a feeling of calm for people to de-stress chill out and relax.
TV and free Wifi
There is also a table and chairs for dining outside the hut and a firepit/barbecue grill.
Templehall Cottage is a beautifully modernised and cosy cottage situated on the beautiful Berwickshire coast with panoramic views over the sea at Coldingham Bay with Large garden and private parking.
The caravan site is a small site for 7 caravans which has been established for 25 years and is situated 350m from the cottage. Facilities include electric hook up, fresh mains water, Elson waste disposal point and grey water disposal . We have now installed a water tap and grey water soakaway on all pitches, so all pitches are now fully serviced.
There are numerous countryside and cliff top walks in the immediate area. We are less than 0.5 mls from Coldingham village and 1.5 miles from Coldingham Sands and St Abbs village. The village has bars, restaurants, a butchers, post office and a village shop.
We are 10 mins from Eyemouth with more shops including a supermarket, 15 Minutes from historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed (and Berwick train station), 40 minutes from Kelso and 1 hour from Edinburgh. Local lochs and rivers for both coarse and fly fishing.
Ideally situated for walkers, cyclists, divers, beachcombers, families and lovers of peace and quiet.
Less than 2 miles from the world renowned diving grounds of St Abbs and the National Trust Nature Reserve at St Abbs Head.
The Berwickshire sea cliffs are the highest and grandest along the east coast of mainland Britain. From St Abb's Head, you can observe vast numbers of cliff-nesting seabirds and sometimes whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals. St Abbs Head Nature Reserve, with 100m high cliffs, offers a spectacular walk down the coast to Eyemouth, a busy fishing town.
Coldingham lies just under a mile inland from the North Sea coast of Scotland, and just under ten miles from the English Border. It sits astride the A1107, which provides a more scenic alternative to the A1 for visitors driving up through the Borders via Eyemouth
This picture postcard village has an unusually ancient history, and one that is unusually closely tied with England. This even extends to its very English-sounding name. Some have suggested that this comes from the Old English for "village of the people of Colud", presumably a reference to an early laird.
An alternative view, that Coldingham was actually referred to on Ptolemy's Roman map of Britain as Colania, has found a following, but overlooks the distance that settlement is marked as being from the sea. Alternative views that Colania became Lanark or Crawford seem more likely.
What is beyond doubt is that Coldingham was established at a very early date. A monastery was founded two miles to the north in 635, open to both monks and nuns by a Northumbrian Princess called Aebbe. She later became a saint, St Aebbe. In 683 fire largely destroyed the monastery. At the time some held this to be divine retribution for what was, perhaps euphemistically, called "disorderly behaviour" among the monks and nuns. Whatever the truth of this, the monastery may have been rebuilt on the same site before being destroyed by Vikings in 870.
Coldingham's story closely reflected that of the monastery here, and the priory that followed it, on a different site in what is now the village of Coldingham, from 1098. The village grew alongside the priory from the 1100s until the Reformation in 1560. This was despite attacks by invading English armies in 1216, 1537 and 1547, and despite a fire raised at the priory by its own prior, William Drax, in 1430. This was, allegedly, an attempt by him to conceal his theft of a large amount of money being carried by a messenger from the Scottish King to the English King.
Even the Reformation in 1560 and the Union of the Crowns of Scotland in 1603 did not end the priory's role as an attractor of trouble for the village. In 1650, troops opposing Cromwell were positioned in the priory to block his advance into Scotland. After a two day siege by Cromwell's artillery the village and its priory were badly in need of rebuilding. One result is the local saying that there isn't an old building in the village that doesn't contain stone removed from the ruins of the priory.
Coldingham is well worth spending a little time in. The remains of the priory are especially worth visiting, and if you do nothing more, make sure you stroll along the lovely High Street, and pop into the "Coldingham Luckenbooth", an attractive cafe/shop/information point/post office near the entrance to the priory.